Well, she is angry of course, and has been venting her anger at poor bloggers from different platforms. Be it news paper columns or her own “Liberal, Secular & Progressive” news channel, she is consistent in her attack on bloggers.
Last evening I watched “We The People”. I feel it was a repeat telecast as the guests were wearing woolens, any way that is not important just for that important because the subject was interesting. ‘Should the net be policed’?
Well, three points were in focus.
Well! It is a personal choice of an individual just as if some one wants to indulge in any other passion he/she likes. At any rate more than 80% traffic on internet is one way or other is sex oriented.
However, I too agree with the majority of people there that all efforts should be made to save children from the exposure. There are ways for parents to block the sites which they do not want their children to see. But once they become mature who can stop them if they want to, I do not understand.
This is very interesting, because she has some very serious reservations against blogging and bloggers.
-She has serious issue with bloggers because they can not be traced.Oh! Poor Barkha!
Well, Darling, isn’t it the beauty? Why are you lamenting when we are using technology and the medium to our advantage?
Why are you lamenting? Let me tell you why…
1. Now you are being questioned. You are being subjected to the same scrutiny you had monopolized for ages. You had always been the Questioners now you feel embarrassed when you are being questioned.
2. Would you not (and please Barkha nothing against you personally) the media, have just brushed it under the carpet, this half so clever attempt, Had this alert blogger not caught and exposed this great news channel.
3. Isn’t it the Media is full of particular brand of ‘ism’? Where is the other side of story?
4. For long MSM (main stream media) has shown what they wanted to, has presented their biased views as NEWS. The whole media is biased, each one of you, be it electronic or print. And at least I accept you’re charge that I am biased. Yes I have my own prejudices, just as all the MSM have. But I never say that I am neutral or objective and neither have I shared a burden of objectivity. My point is simple and straight, this is what my opinion is about this issue or many at times I do my home work and get to the truth where it is hidden from public glare and put forth before the readers, for them to judge. Would any of you have published this photograph when you all were busy shouting “denial of artistic freedom”?By Hindu fundamentalist! No? Because this would not have suited a particular agenda of Modi bashing. I dug that out and published. What do you say about that Mam?
5. Do you deny Barkha that MSM is not manipulated by the vested interests! Are you sure and can you convince us that individuals in MSM are not politically influenced if not out right spokesperson of a political party? Do you not think that the breathless reporting often shrill- of arson or riots are more inflammatory and flare passions more than dousing the fires?Really! Case in the point is the recent clashes in Rajasthan.
6. The other issue of anonymous bloggers.Well, I feel you confuse anonymous bloggers with those who blog under some Pseudo Name like you’re truly who blog as Prudent Indian. Just as a newspaper call it as “the Hindu” or “Indian Express” or a news channel as NDTV or Aaj Tak. Just as MSM have their own readership or viewers like we too have. But fortunately we do not resort to some thing which we do not want to because our readers want, we have our own credibility and readers read us for that.
The gentleman lawyer in studio did explain some laws. But, since I have not broken any law as I understand and my knowledge is limited so can’t comment.
Now! Barkha Sweet Heart
Please do not be angry any more.Gussa karna Achi Baat Nahin Hai.
Any attempt to block bloggers will be futile as we have proved already, in an earlier attempt made by our foot ball manager Minister of misIinformation and Broadcastbanning. And you had heard the lawyer gentleman too. Bloggers are too smart for that.
And yes growing concern among MSM show that we bloggers are doing great job and being noticed.
So we are loving’t.May our tribe increase.Amen!
Watchdogs are being watched now and perhaps with much powerful microscopes.
So Barkha, isn’t this good for democracy?
With warm Regards,